Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hunter is 7






You know, about 8 years ago when I found out I was pregnant I was dumbfounded, we certainly weren't trying to get pregnant and I really thought I didn't want kids. So, life changed. I thought, well I will have this baby then finish school and get a fantastic job. Taylor had a different (better) idea of how things would go. He really almost insisted I would stay at home and I just said we will see. I knew that my super cool 21 year old life would change but, just a little right? Wrong! 9 months and 60 pounds later the most glorious thing happened HUNTER. The moment, literally the moment the doctor handed him to me, he looked me right in the eye and our souls meshed. I immediately said I want 14 more of these! Hunter has had my heart since that moment in a way only a mother could know. He is an amazing kid, the cutest, smartest, Jesus lovingest, most caring kid in the whole world. I know that I don't brag on my kids too much, and I should do it more but the truth is that I think my kids are SO PERFECT that I don't want to make you feel bad about yours. Now the truth is out, yes I am talking to you. I am not ashamed to tell the truth.

4 comments:

The Brannans said...

So, I'm admitting I've been stalking your blog:) After reading this I just knew I had to comment! It made me cry it was so sweet! I've heard you say all these things before, but something about the way you wrote it made it a tear jerker:) I agree that Hunter is the cutest 7 year old ever!

Fun Fit Mom Stephanie said...

Oh, My! Who wrote that post? That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard come out of your mouth!!! You have that tough outside but you really are soft inside!! You just proved it! Love your heart for your babies!!!

Jenn said...

He is BEAUTIFUL Christa!! Want to do pictures next Monday in the evening. I am going to Frisco to see Becky then we could do pics? Maybe around 5:00 or 5:30?

The Lancasters said...

I am realizing how much Hunter is looking like Taylor! WOW! I am glad I finally thought to check your blog :) You know I am anti-blogs :) By the way, my kids are better than yours ;p