Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I might be Debbie Downer

So, since I spoke with or saw you last (and this applies to everyone because I am in the land of the loner right now) here is what has changed:
1) We moved to Highland Village
2) I quit teaching pre-school
3) Cooper had an esophogeal biopsy (No I can't spell these things, I am okay with that)
4) Cooper got diagnosed with eosinophilic esophagitis, which is a disease that has only exisisted for 10 years and how to treat it is a total crap shoot, the doctors don't know
5) Coop had 2 allergy tests and he's allergic to SO MUCH FOOD and we are implenting this into our home. This means that we can't eat out ANYWHERE and I have to cook everything from scratch. PS: I hate cooking and I suck at it
6) We enrolled Hunter into a new school which is half home school half school school, so I am half teaching (:
7) The first time I took a bath (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE) the tub in the master (upstairs) drained into the dining room (downstairs)
8) My dog learned to jump our fence, and she's not fixed soooo.....it's only a matter of time

It has been a crazy summer, to say the least and I am just ready for it to end! God, give me normalcy and simplicity. PS all of this chaos started after my Memaw told me she was going to pray for me to get patience. I don't think we are speaking any more!

8 comments:

Laura said...

hey debbie... i just had a feeling that you had written today. so here i am passing the last few moments at work on your blog. yay! i'm sorry that things are sad, maybe if you called your favorite sister back once in a while you wouldn't feel so down. =) ok, yes i know that i'm a terrible phone friend, i'm just being a turd. on the upside, i was going to buy you a new denim jumper, but i couldn't decide on one. take a look at this link and you can pick out your own, my treat! http://www.nextag.com/denim-jumper/search-html

i love you... you're my favorite sorta home-school mom ever!

Pioneering In India said...

Im glad your family is a little closer and Im sorry for your recent heart ache. We will be praying for you guys

amy (metz) walker said...

Hi Krista, I happened on your blog through the Mays blog and just wanted to say hello! I'm sorry this have been a little crazy but you're still funny as ever! Read the post about Batman and about fell off the couch laughing.

Jenn said...

I LOVE YOU!!

Anonymous said...

There is a song in Scotland called "Things can only get better" (i don't know if the have it here but I will sing it to you tomorrow if you would like, ha ha.
I love that even when things get difficult you still make me laugh.
Thanks
See you tomorrow.

Elizabeth said...

Keep your head up.

Fun Fit Mom Stephanie said...

love it!!! i am praying, sweet friend! mom jeans are on back order
!

greendog. said...

Christa,
I came across your blog through very random clicking of links. Although it's not (really at all) the same, thought I'd mention that I was diagnosed with eosinophilic pneumonitis/pneumonia (similar to EE, but lung-in-nature). Since it is such a weird and random disease, just wanted to let you know that you guys are not alone! Someone one else...somewhere...has heard of eosinophils. Not really sure what I could do, but please let me know if there's anything! I'll be praying for your family!!

Lori Tench
(ps, I created a "blogger" account just for purposes of this comment...best means of communication would be through e-mail (lori_tench@baylor.edu)...if for some reason you wanted to communicate :)